Saturday, June 29, 2013

Peer Review Blog


1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog

http://coopaedblog.blogspot.com/ by Logan Cooperberg
http://gracesplanetworld.blogspot.com/ by Grace Platt

2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

I agree with the photos that both Logan and Grace chose for each element and principle.  My favorite picture in Logan's was his movement shot, I know I struggled with movement, I think I appreciated his excellent shot of water coming out of a faucet even more.  The picture I liked the best in Grace's blog was her form photo, it shows an old possibly abandoned home and a beautiful Japanese Maple tree.  Many of the pictures shown in each slide show also have other elements or principles, for example I feel that Logan's color picture also shows contrast.  Grace's shape picture also shows texture.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

None of the images selected in their art gallery visits were the same as my own, Logan went to the Manhattan Museum of Art in Manhattan, so obviously there wouldn't be the same pieces used.  I did enjoy reading the reasons that each person selected each piece.  Made me feel a connection with them, that's so hard to get when taking an online course.

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

A piece that Logan selected that piqued my interest was the Rene Magritte, The Eternally Obvious, 1948, its a painting of a woman but its broken up into individually framed sections.  I feel that the artist was showcasing that women are often reduced to only our parts, not taken seriously as a whole person. 

A piece that Grace selected that most interested me was Untitled piece by Tauba Auerbach.  I unfortunately missed this piece during my Albright-Knox visit, its a painting that is made to look like crumpled paper.  That completely fascinates me.  How in the world is that even possible.  Just amazing!! 

5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

Reading the reflection was critical to understanding what Logan and Grace were both thinking and feeling at the time.  This helped me gain a better appreciation for the work they did.
 
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I really enjoyed this assignment and most of all reading the comments by Wasim and Carl. They both left me positive feedback, which is always wonderful to hear. I spent so much time, especially on the photo project, that its nice to see that other people enjoyed it as well. I find this very valuable in my art knowledge, while a good grade is great, hearing one of your peers enjoyed your work, is just as important.

No comments:

Post a Comment