Thursday, August 8, 2013

Art Criticism Reflection Blog

1. Which projects did you review?
I reviewed all the exhibits and narrowed it down to three and from the three I made my selection.  The three I narrowed it down to were Nature of the World by Brian Kubik, Nautical Artistry by Danielle Jarosz, and The Visions Through Faith by Carl Desir

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I selected Nautical Artistry by Danielle Jarosz for my critique article because I thought her theme choice was intriguing and I also felt her choices are art fit her theme and offered a good variety to her exhibit.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
I had a difficult time deciding how I was going to word my critique and what I would be critiquing.  Should I be critiquing whether or not my peer adhered to the specifications of the project or just the exhibit itself, ultimately I decided to just critique the exhibit as a whole and not to get into the minutia of the project specifications.  As for the wording, I read a few exhibit reviews online to help me. 

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
I was at first uncomfortable with the idea, but once I got into the writing of the criticism, I enjoyed it and am happy with my end result. 

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
Yes, I would be very interested to read any critques from my peers about my own Art Curation Project.  I put so much time and effort into that project that I would love to know what others thought and whether they enjoyed my exhibit.  I would also find it helpful to know what people may no have liked about it. 

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
I would rate my article a 9, I felt it covered all the aspects of the exhibit and offered my own insight into the exhibit.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
Yes I did enjoy this project.  Fun assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment