Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reflections of AED 200

1. What were your expectations for this course and where they met?
My expectations for the course were to gain a better knowledge of Art in general and in terms of its place in today's ever changing world.  I do feel that these were met and then some, I have learned so much more this semester than I had ever anticipated. 

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?
I would say that my initial posting about what art is, was good, I would now add that even a novice can create art, art is something that enriches your life. 

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
 My new favorite visual artist is now Ghada Amer, I have found myself almost to the point of obsession with her work.  I would love to see one of her works of art in person, to see for myself her technique of painting and embroidery.  This course has opened my eyes to modern works of art, previous to this course, I barely gave them a second glance, now I'm completely fascinated. 

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
My answer is the same, I am completely comfortable taking an online course but I do still prefer a classroom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment