Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mod 15 - Final Video Review Blog

The videos I selected this week are:
Jackson Pollock: Michael Fried and T. J. Clark in Conversation

An Introduction to the Italian Renaissance (Giorgio Vasari)


 

Step 2: Questions for your Blog Posting

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
The key concept I took from the Pollock criticism by Fried and TJ Clark was that while people may have differing viewpoints, they can be respectful of each other's opinions and learn from them. I found their differing viewpoints gave me a greater understanding of the piece.

The key concept I took from the Italian Renaissance video was the connection the artists had with one another and the influence each had on the next. It also gave me a refresher on art vocabulary.


2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Criticism project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
I feel they both relate to the art criticism project. The Pollock video, helped me to understand that while I may disagree with something I see in someone's exhibit piece, I must still be respectful and tactful. The Vasari video relates in its descriptions of pieces and how even though initially we may not think something relates to the project, I may need to take another look and reevaluate.


3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of art criticism?
I enjoyed both videos but felt the Vasari video was geared towards a younger audience. Yes I feel they both added depth to my understanding of art criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment